1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is one of the most effective tool to monitor and analyze any web traffic to your websites. It gives in-depth information about who is visiting your website, where are they coming from, and how are they reacting to your website. Every business (website) need to track and analyze their current visitors to understand user behavior and act accordingly. Some of key items to look at in Google Analytics:
• Visits – number of visitors coming every day/week/monthly
• Traffic Source – tells where visitors are coming from such as Direct, Referral, or Search Engine (using service specific keywords).
• Page Views – tells average number of pages a visitor views per visit.
• Time on Site – tells number seconds, minutes, or hours a visitor stayed on a website
• Bounce Rate – tells how engaging is your website is, lower the number the better it is.
• Regional Visits – tells which country, state, city – visitors coming from.
2. Google Webmaster Tools
Google webmaster is another free tool from Google. It provides detailed reports on website’s visibility in Google and it is very easy register/add a website. It provides features like sitemap submission, detailed reports on any server issues, broken links, HTML improvement suggestions, keywords visitors use to find your website, websites linking back to your site, and much more.
3. Bing Webmaster Tools
Bing Webmaster Tools gives similar features as Google Webmaster Tools.
4. Google Places for Business
Google gives a great feature “Google Places for Business” for local business to get list their services and offers. Google gives high preferences to local business listed on Google Places than those which are not listed. It helps to improve search engine rankings for any local business in Google. Some key features for Google Places are:
• List business location
• Full description of business services or products
• Customer Reviews
5/6. Bing Business and Yahoo! Local
Bing Business and Yahoo! Local are similar to Google Places. Yahoo! Local lets you list your local business in Yahoo! Business directory for free or paid. It offers same features what Google Places does.
7. Social Accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube)
Social Networks playing most important role in marketing any online business. It is must do for any online business to get listed on major Social Networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. These social network sites allows business owners (marketers) to get real time feedback reviews and get engaged with their customers anytime and anywhere. Major search engines like Google, Yahoo!, and Bing use social signals for any business to determine its value to customers.
8. Local Business Directories (Yelp, CitySearch, Four Square, MerchantCircle)
Along with Google Places, Bing Business and Yahoo Local, there are many big local business directories to get your business listed and to get real customer reviews. Customer reviews are best to get feedback and enhance your service/product functionality.
Blogging is another way to get always in-front of your customers. Blogging helps you any business to talk about their new & upcoming products, services, or features and get real time customer feedback to understand the market.
10. Discount/Deals and Coupon Websites (SlickDeals, DealMap, Groupon, LivingSocial)
There are many websites where a business can list its hot deals, coupon codes, or any discount offers – which helps to attract more customers and generate more leads/sales. In addition to customer attraction it helps a website to get links from these quality websites, which helps any website to get more sales.